The journey of cancer is just that...a journey. Sometimes people's life journeys are cut tragically short by this horrible disease & others are reminded over and over again of reasons to be thankful.
Walking beside my amazing husband on this journey of cancer has taught me many things.
I am CONSTANTLY reminded of God's faithfulness. Through everything, He has been faithful. When tests came back positive for cancer...He was faithful! When Rick's cancer returned...He was faithful! When we had great results...He was faithful! When Rick & I had to be separated for a month while I was pregnant with Connor & he had radiation...He was faithful! When we moved from TX, from the Doctors that knew us, knew our journey, knew our story...He was faithful in providing an amazing group of Doctors to work with in Chicago. Now, once again we wait (this has been the hardest part for me...waiting...not knowing...just waiting...) for tests to be completed and results to be given, we take comfort in His Faithfulness.
These past few days I have been reminded over & over again in scripture of How much He loves us, how much He cares for us. I find comfort in His promises...
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." -Deuteronomy 31:8
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." -Romans 12:9-12
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my powers is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I a weak, then I am strong." -2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." -Psalm 23
"For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen." -Romans 11:36
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever!" -Psalm 136:1
Resting in His promises.
1 comment:
Praying for and thinking of you guys...can't believe how big the boys are getting! Miss you all.
Love ya,
Jenn
Post a Comment