Wednesday, June 20, 2007

1st Father's Day

hey guys...this is rick.

up until this point, you've been reading sharyn's writings...she's been busy blogging all about our many adventures in "pre-parenting"...she's so good to keep you guys informed on the "life and times of rick and sharyn"...she's pretty awesome.

sunday was my first experience with Father's Day...sure it's a day developed by greeting card companies in order to increase their sales and lighten our pocketbooks, but in light of what happened this past sunday, bring it on.

sharyn surprised me with a card (placed on my pillow when I wasn't looking) and later overwhelmed me with an awesome giftbag full of goodies (2 "onesies"--one for a boy and a girl--just in case and a Black & Decker automatic adjustable wrench! (as seen on TV) it was amazing!!)

needless to say, i'm a fan of Father's day...especially since sharyn and i have something to celebrate...the fact that God chose to share a special blessing with us...a blessing that will change our lives forever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first Father's Day! I look forward to next year seeing a photo of you holding your 5 month old son or daughter!! love janie

Unknown said...

Our little Peanut (or Moses, as David is calling Peanut today)is a most blessed child to have you as a Father! I can't wait to see the new and expanded McElmmury family nest Father's Day. I know that next and each Father's day too come will be even better and better!
Love,
Lita