Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pure Bliss Followed by Absolute Devastation

Yesterday I was attempting to make Apple Toffee Dip to take to my Bible Study last night. Usually, Connor LOVES loud noises from kitchen appliances such as the blender & coffee grinder. As a matter of fact, he does a little dance and emulates the noise it makes. So yesterday when I got the hand mixer out, I thought he would again be thrilled. Much to my surprise, he was SO scared of the noise, that is until I sat him on the counter & let him do the mixing. The following pictures will explain the events that followed thereafter...


Helping Mommy make sure it is all mixed well So, after C helped me mix it, I put him down & he was a little upset...so I gave him a taste of the dip off my finger...boy did that start something...
C's first time licking a beater
Mmmm...Mmmmm....GOOD!!!
Trying to make sure he has EVERY last drop of it...

A little more left...
Once it was 'clean,' I took it away from him...and this is the reaction I got...

COMPLETE & UTTER DEVASTATION!!! I wish I had video of this. This was the first MAJOR fit (melt down) for this little guy, which included stomping around in a circle, screaming & crying in utter hysterics & being so upset with me that I was sitting on the floor laughing & taking pictures with my phone. Eventually, he did come back to reality...my guess is he REALLY enjoyed it!!!
I took the dip to Bible Study & told my gals the story & showed them the pictures. They too were humored by it. After partaking in the amazing Apple Dip, one of the gals said that she too may cry when hers is all gone. They really empathized with Connor.
If you ever need a snack to take to a gathering, or if you want to make it just for you (you may not want to share it)...Here is the recipe...
Apple Toffee Dip
1-8oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
3/4 Cup Heath Toffee Bits (found in the baking isle...I use the ones that do not have chocolate on them...just plain toffee)
Mix the first 4 ingredients until thoroughly blended. Stir in the Toffee Bits. ENJOY!!!
I serve this will a sweet apple, such as pink lady or gala, and with a sour apple such as granny smith. If you cut your apples up & toss them in pineapple juice, they won't turn brown!
Just a fun summer (or anytime for that matter) snack...well DESSERT really...No wonder Connor likes it...look at the SUGAR in it!!!
Happy Apple Dipping!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Poor Connor! I don't blame him, running out of dessert makes me want to cry, too.
On the bright side, I have another Sharyn Mc. recipe to add to my kitchen - yummy!

Anonymous said...

Ok, now Mommy, Banty thinks he must have a taste of CHOCOLATE! Don't you agree Lita?