Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's SO fun to be ONE!

One year ago today I was having major contractions but second guessing if I really was because the doctors told me to 'wait it out.'  After a little convincing from my sweet mom & Karen, I finally gave in and went to the hospital.  Little did I know Caedmon Scott would arrive on his actual due date.  He was right in time!  This year has flown by!  It's been a crazy year.  A year of figuring out all the baby things all over again & so quickly seeing Cade change into such a big guy!  He really thinks he's 4.  He tries SO hard to keep up with Connor it's almost scary!  
I apologize in advance for the OVERLOAD of pictures, but I just couldn't choose! Enjoy!
 Cade's First Birthday Cake
 A little snow cream to go along with it
 Patiently waiting for his cake (his little ankles crossed...SO CUTE!)
 Is this really for me?
 WOO HOO!
 hmmm...this feels funny
 Such a Ham



 Connor got tired or watching Cade just grab at the cake & not eat it, so he took it upon himself to show Cade how to eat the cake, not just play with it!  Such a helpful big brother!


 And finally tasting it...not sure what to think about it.  

 I think he liked it after all...



 2 fists full




 I think he had a little bit too much at this point...but we let him keep going...
 A short break to let Connor in on the deliciousness







Caedmon Scott, you are a joy, my son!  We love you more than you will ever know.  You complete our family & we are so thankful for the spunky little guy that you are!  You keep us on our toes for sure!
Fun things about you at ONE:
*You are WALKING, sometimes running.
*You LOVE music & love to dance to music.
*You love to play musical instruments (drums, recorder, keyboard) as well as sing in your microphone.
*You love your older brother, aka 'bubba' as you call him & love to mimic ANYTHING that he does.
*You are fearless.  You climb everything & try to go to all the places in the house you know you're not suppose to.
*You love to play pick a boo with people.  You will squat behind furniture & pop up & surprise people.
*You love to sit on the ground & spin in circles (pushing yourself around with your feet).
*You love to 'help' mommy in the kitchen by dragging out all of the things in your cabinets/drawers (cutting boards/tupperware).
*You love to make others laugh & will pause to make sure EVERYONE is paying attention before you go on with your 'show.'
*You love to crawl up the stairs with Connor every night before bed.
*The only times you really sit still are when you want someone to read you a book or when you crawl up in your big chair to 'read' to yourself.  I love your love of books!
*You are such a joyful little guy!  For the most part, you wake up super happy & spend the day super happy!  You really LOVE life & have such a sweet joyful spirit that we LOVE!

We love you Caedmon & are so thankful for you!  Happy First Birthday!!!  We look forward to MANY more years with you sweet boy!

No comments: