Sunday, July 29, 2007

Officialy 4 months!!!


Well, quite a bit has happened since I last blogged, both good and not so good....but I will start with the good!

Today, we are officially 4 months along! 16 Weeks!!! Starting the 17th week today!!! WOO HOO!!! I can't believe how quickly this has passed. (For all of you who have just been dying to see...yup, we have a little baby bump. Rick made me wear my white tank top instead of the black because he said it was hard to tell with the black...so here's the debut of our baby bump. We will update along the way.) Our little peanut will be here before we know it....Speaking of 'peanut,' Next Monday, August 6 (Mine and Rick's 5 year anniversary) we will be going to Dallas to see if little peanut will let us in on his/her secret....that's right....we will be going to see Laci's Aunt Julie at the hospital where she works to see if little peanut will cooperate and let us know if he is a he, or she is a she!!! Rick and I are thrilled to get to see our little one again, and we are quite excited also to get to find out the gender of our little one on our anniversary! How special! (Thank you Julie for making this happen!!!)


Yesterday, Rick and I got back from Hilton Head, South Carolina. I 'won' a trip with work and we were able to get away for a few days and enjoy some R&R. This was much needed after we found out 2 weeks ago that Rick's cancer is back. The good news is it is still localized in his neck...the bad news is, since he has to take such a huge dose of radiation, we cannot stay in the same house for a MONTH....that's right...a whole month (since I am pregnant)!!!

My husband is an amazing man! He is such a Godly man who desires nothing more than to love God and love people...he has an undying faith that is remarkable and he is so strong. We are both confident that God is taking care of the three of us. We know that God is continuing to heal Rick's body and that he will be just fine. With that said, it will still be a difficult month. We should have dates more in stone by Wednesday to see when Rick will receive his radiation and be in quarantine for 48-72 hours. All of that to say, please begin to pray for my Rick as he has to undergo another lengthy treatment. He will take the radiation then be in the hospital in quarantine, by himself, until he is 'safe' to be around others. (To give you an idea of the dose of radiation he is having to take....The hospital can no longer keep it on their premises. When they find out if Rick's levels are high enough this week, they have to order the Radiation due to the new Homeland Security Laws. The amount they give him is that high!) Anyhow, needless to say, this treatment does not make him feel well.

We are very blessed to have my mom coming to stay with me or Rick to take care of him, since I can't. We are very thankful to have both of our families and amazing friends supporting us through this. Thank you all in advance for your prayers! We greatly appreciate them!

I will keep you all updated as we find out more on Rick's dates and as he progresses after radiation.

Sorry for being so lengthy, just sharing what's on my heart and what's going on in our life!


4 comments:

Princess Ellie said...

I am soooo excited to see that little bump ... you are much cuter than I was pregnant !! I love it ! And we will continue to pray for Rick-e-poo ... I know everything will turn out okay !! He is going to be a wonderful daddy ! And I hope you come to visit us while you and Rick are away from each other ... Please Please Please come see me and Miss Ellie ... she misses her Aunt Sharyn !!

Love you little peanut !! CAN'T WAIT TO KNOW YOUR SECRET !!!!
laci

Unknown said...

Sharyn,

I came across your blog the other day and wanted to say hi. You look so cute pregnant. I am so sorry to hear about Rick but will keep him in my prayers.

Also can you believe it Robert is getting married!!!!

Abigail

Unknown said...

I am so excited to see that sweet little bump in person next week! I will be ready to get my sewing machine in high gear as soon as we know what color we need to use! I love the three of you with all my heart! I can't wait to see ya'll.
God bless you guys
'Lita

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful expecting Mommy you are! Inside and out! You and Rick are going to be wonderful parents! Your faith is so strong! It will get you thru this next month. We love you guys! Can't wait to find out next week!!
love janie (mom#2)