Sunday, September 9, 2007

Random Moments...


Rick celebrated his Birthday this past week. I surprised him with having folks over for cake, etc. His friends surprised him with a Keytar (nice 80's musical instrument). Rick has been wanting a Keytar forever, but they quit making them at the beginning of this year. All of that to say, we are surrounded by amazing friends! Rick was so surprised and is so excited about getting to play the Keytar!!!


Rick had also mentioned that he would love to have a guitar just to keep at the house (especially now to be able to play to Mr. Connor), so I bought him a guitar for his birthday...Not quite as cool as the Keytar, but a close 2nd.



While Rick was in "isolation" at our house, our neighbors Alan & Jenny were so kind as to let me stay at their house. After dinner, we were joking about all the crazy neighborhood kids who ride their 4wheelers so late at night and are so loud. Alan mentioned that he bought a 4wheeler...so I, being pregnant, hopped on the 4wheeler, rode around the block and proceeded to drive into our front yard. I flashed the lights and revved the engine at the room where Rick was until he came outside (staying far enough away from me of course). Rick told me I had to include this picture because it makes him laugh!


After Rick's Radiation this last time, a good fried of ours, Mike Augustine, picked Rick up from the hospital. He is quite a funny guy...so I had to post this picture of him in his protective radioactive gear...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was really glad Mike came with his protective gear. It would be ashamed if he got that same green growth on the top of his head. What a sacrifice he made. That is laying down your life for a friend.
Sharyn, nurse Rebecca says, "Don't forget your helmet." I have to say that, after all I am a medical professional.
Love,
Lita

Princess Ellie said...

okay ... no more 4 wheelers while pregnant :) haha ... I actually love that picture because I can really see you belly :)

Laci