Sunday, January 11, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

was my official due date, January 11, 2008. I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of our son. My mom was early with all 4 of us, so she had already flown in from California to be with me and Rick because she just knew I too would be early...
I simply could not wait to meet our Connor Allen. We had seen his 4D sonogram pictures, but I wanted to see whose nose, eyes, hair, chin, toes and fingers he had. I could not wait to hold that little boy who had been growing inside of me for the past 9 months.
I can honestly say that I never thought Rick and I would have children, unless we adopted later on in life; however, I am so thankful for the turn of events that brought Connor to us.
God works in mysterious ways (who would have ever thought that Rick would get cancer and God would speak to us through that showing us how selfish we were and that we needed to share our life with someone else---by the way it has been a little over 1 year that Rick has been cancer FREE!!!).
All of this rambling to say that one week from today, my baby boy will be ONE! It is truly surreal. Time has literally flown by. One year has almost passed...a year full of fun, trials, laughter, tears, wonder, precious memories, and many moments of learning new things (for Connor & us as well). What an amazing journey it has been and what a wonderful life we have ahead of us.
Thank you all for your love, prayers and support over this past year! We couldn't have done it without you!
Stay tuned for pictures of the past year and Birthday Celebration pictures to come!
Love,
Sharyn
(Connor's Mommy)

3 comments:

k and c's mom said...

Hello, Sharyn! It's been so long since I've seen you! Your Mom commented on my blog so I'm looking at yours. What a precious child you have!
Could you give her my email? I'd love to hear from her:
rayeobrien@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

King's Krew said...

O my goodness ... almost ONE ! I can't believe it ! It has gone by so fast ! What a year of blessings for your family ! Little Connor and Rick too ! miss you !

laci

Unknown said...

I can't wait to come see you 2 more sleeps! It will be fun to celebrate your birthday, you silly monkey! I love you and I just can't remember what life was like without you.
Love and prayers,
Lita