Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Day of Random Firsts....

Today Connor Man experienced a few firsts.
*At lunch, he ate tilapia with me. We generally try to introduce new foods at lunch time in case he has a reaction to them and up until this point, we generally only eat fish at dinner. However, I decided to fix a little tilapia for lunch, and much to my surprise, Connor ate quite a bit. He also ate a WHOLE peach (not a first, just crazy...I guess not the whole thing...not the peeling & it had a bruised part).
*Connor also called 911 today...TWICE!!! We have a few old cell phones he loves to play with. He happened to be playing with the only one that still has a battery in it. And of course, he turned it on, and dialed 911...really? He handed it to me and I saw on the phone "dialing 911....5 sec" I hung up before they answered the first time. Unfortunately, the second time, they answered. I apologized and the 911 operator said it was fine. I'm sure she was really ticked!!!
*We have tried & tried spaghetti & noodles with Connor. He has ALWAYS spit them out. He has shown absolutely NO interest. Tonight I made spaghetti noodles with shrimp, spinach, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic & basil. I KNEW Connor wouldn't eat that. Surprise...Surprise...he kept reaching for my plate...so I finally let him try it. He ate so much, I had to get seconds just to feed him. So it just proves...if they don't like it at first, try, try again!

That concludes our RANDOM day of firsts.
Hope you all have had a great day!

No comments: