I went to get in my car and much to my surprise there was a long stem red rose in my car with a note asking if he could take me out that evening. I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach as I anticipated going on a date with Rick ALL day. The evening finally arrived and we had a romantic dinner at the Pier in San Clemente. The rest is history...10 years of history with the man of my dreams. I am truly so blessed to have such an amazing husband. He is my best friend, an amazing father, an amazing leader of our family and man of God, a wonderful provider, such an encourager, my better half, the one who balances me out, keeps me grounded...well at least more down to earth (I'm pretty stubborn), my partner in mischief...and the list goes on....
Rick and I have been through a lot in 10 years...moving from CA back to TX, a long distance relationship, returning to CA to get married (and for many anniversaries), Job changes, graduating college, buying our first home, cancer, treatments, truly having to trust God, return of cancer, more treatments, the unknown, bringing home our first born son, really learning how to rejoice and mourn with good friends as well as new friends, leaving a place we love & so many friends we consider family to move multiple states away, new jobs, and the list continues...
I am so very grateful to have Rick as my partner through this amazing crazy journey we call life. I would not change a thing about our journey...not ONE single thing. God is good. He allowed mine and Rick's paths to cross 10 years ago and has taken us on one amazing journey since then. I am so thankful for the past 10 years and I look forward to the next 10 with my amazing husband!
Rick, I love you! Thank you for putting up with me and for making me a better person. I am so thankful for you! I love you more & more everyday! Here's to the next 10!
On San Clemente Beach where our first date was...
On San Clemente Beach where our first date was...
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! We miss you guys...
Post a Comment