Makes for fun memories...cold red noses, yummy snow ice cream, snow ball fights, trying to build a snowman (the snow here is SOOOO fine...it's doesn't form well...), beautiful snow covered houses & fields, not to mention the sledding hill in our neighborhood...
We are slowly adapting to our new surroundings. C LOVES to play in the snow. He brings me his snowsuit and puts on his own snow boots & hat...he even tries to put on his mittens (but they zip). The only way I can get him to go inside (when his nose is SO red & dripping) is by carrying him in kicking & screaming or by promising to make snow ice cream. Such fun!
Anxiously waiting for mommy to get all her snow gear on...
Before you judge, let me explain the SAD, DEVASTATED face of my baby boy...A few weeks ago I stopped by a local bakery & got C a Snowman Cookie. From that point on he continues to ask for them by name (and even point to where I kept the other half of it for him to eat later)....well, I had the bright idea of making homemade sugar cookies and then when C woke up we could roll them out, use the cookie cutters & decorate them together. Obviously I did not consider the attention span of a 2 year old, nor did I consider the fact that all he really would want to do was EAT the cookie (or cookie dough). The above picture was taken after I hurriedly took the cookie sheet & put it in the oven & confiscated all the remaining cookie dough in hopes he wouldn't get sick from what he had already consumed....To lessen this apparent tragedy, I turned on the oven light & we sat in front of the oven watching the snowman cookie bake.
Anxiously waiting for mommy to get all her snow gear on...
Before you judge, let me explain the SAD, DEVASTATED face of my baby boy...A few weeks ago I stopped by a local bakery & got C a Snowman Cookie. From that point on he continues to ask for them by name (and even point to where I kept the other half of it for him to eat later)....well, I had the bright idea of making homemade sugar cookies and then when C woke up we could roll them out, use the cookie cutters & decorate them together. Obviously I did not consider the attention span of a 2 year old, nor did I consider the fact that all he really would want to do was EAT the cookie (or cookie dough). The above picture was taken after I hurriedly took the cookie sheet & put it in the oven & confiscated all the remaining cookie dough in hopes he wouldn't get sick from what he had already consumed....To lessen this apparent tragedy, I turned on the oven light & we sat in front of the oven watching the snowman cookie bake.






3 comments:
Oh...girl, thanks for the laugh. The snowman cookie story is one for the books. That is so great! Glad to hear that everyone is adapting to a completely new environment. And how gorgeous is that picture from your backyard?! Wow!
Nicole
Those are great pictures. Let that boy consume those sweets, it makes them sweeter...at least that's my theory. Sugar is a good thing for a 2 year old, really brings out their peppy side. :)
We sure miss ya'll, and are glad things are going good for ya'll. We were hoping to get a bit more snow the other day, but it just piddled out. Was pretty falling, but produced nada on the ground. Oh well, now I have no more excuses for not tilling the Garden.
Eat some Snow Ice Cream for us.
Love Ya'll,
Uncle Todd
looks like you guys are having a good time :) Im glad for you
Post a Comment