Thursday, June 17, 2010

Overheard at the Park...

We are so very blessed to live in a fabulous neighborhood that has an amazing park, splash pad & sledding hill. Connor & I try to take advantage of the park as often as we can and we really enjoy it when there are other "new friends" there to play with.
Since the park has a splash pad, it is VERY popular in the summer, so Connor always has 'new friends' to play with. During yesterdays trip to the park this is the conversation I overheard with Connor and his new friends...
*One child was acting like he was taking orders from the other children:
Order Taker-"What can I get ya?"
Little Girl-"I'll have 10 cheeseburgers with no pickles."
Order Taker-"10, I don't think I can do that, how 'bout 5?"
Little Girl-"Ok, that'll do."
Order Taker-"Step up, you're next, what do you want?
Connor-"I'll have a water."
Order Taker-"Water? How 'bout some Chips?"
Connor-"Ok, I'll take chips, please."
Order Taker-"Well, what color chips?"
Connor-"Green, please." (We eat chips & 'green' (or known to most people as guacamole) at our house a lot)
*A few other children have a turn
Order Taker-"It's your turn, What would you like?'
Connor-"How about some cantaloupe, please?"
Order Taker-"Cantaloupe?"
Connor-"Yes, please."
Order Taker-"Well, Ok..."

I just LOVED this. I love how unique my little guy is. He eats relatively healthy, but it really cracked me up that he asked for water and cantaloupe when all the other kiddos were asking for hamburgers, hot dogs, cookies, ice cream, etc. I guess that will come with age...
I love to watch him interact with other children. He LOVES to be around other kiddos & enjoys striking up a conversation with anyone, regardless of age...which leads to the next part of the story.

Yesterday morning before Rick went to work, he and Connor were saying "Hello" in multiple languages. They have done this for quite some time thanks to Baby Einstein.
Well, yesterday at the park, Connor decided to practice his language skills on some unsuspecting children & parents. He walked around approaching various children and parents saying, "Hello, Good Day, Hola, Ni Hao, Shalom, Namaste, Jambo, Konnichiwa, How are you?" My poor baby got some odd looks. I couldn't help but laugh as I watched him so boldly approach people and say hello. I simply LOVE the fact that he loves people and is, more often than not, not afraid to talk to others.

I have loved every age, but this age seems especially fun to me!
I love you Connor Man! Happy 2 years & 5 months tomorrow!