Connor woke up in an amazing mood, climbed out of his bed and gave me a great big hug! Rick helped co-lead worship this morning at our church, so he was already gone by the time C got up. So Connor & I had breakfast & played trains before getting ready to go to church.
It was SO amazing, after almost a year, to hear Rick lead worship. He truly has such a gifting and it was such a gift to see him in his element! I'm so thankful for our church home that allows people the opportunity to use their giftings.
After church C & I went to the Farmer's Market and picked up a few things (of course, C got his cookie to enjoy while we shopped around).
When we got home, C & I made zucchini bread and apple, carrot, zucchini, walnut, cranberry muffins (both AMAZING, if I can say so myself). This was the first time C was interested in helping me all the way through a recipe. I was so patient with him (as I can be a little A.D.D. about not making messes) and allowed him to measure everything for me. He even put the zucchini in the food processor and turned it on. He LOVED it! He was such a wonderful helper! I'm sure it turned out so well because of his sweet touch (I had great intentions on taking pictures of this adventure, but I failed).
Last week we needed to use up some very ripe bananas so we made some Banana Carrot Muffins. They were so delicious, but since Rick is allergic to bananas, I tried to adjust the recipe so that he could enjoy the amazingness of these things this time...so...apple sauce instead of bananas, add zucchini & craisins instead of raisins (Rick is not a huge raisin fan)...the outcome...OH MY GOODNESS...LOVE THEM!!! You can click on the link title of the muffins above for the recipe...the following are the changes that I made (as I am notorious for NOT following recipes):
1 C Sugar (1/2 C White Sugar, 1/2 C packed Brown Sugar)
2 C Flour (1 C All Purpose, 1 C Whole Wheat)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (2 tsp cinnamon)
1 C Banana (1/2 C Unsweetened Apple Sauce & 1 cup shredded zucchini (moisture squeezed out of it)
1/2 C pecans (1 C chopped Walnuts)
I added the following:
*2 tsp vanilla
*1/2 C Craisins
We put them in muffin tins and I think ended up baking them about 25 minutes (until they are firm to the touch & bounce back).
Oh, I also added walnuts and brown sugar to the top...
When Rick got home, we ate lunch then dropped C off with Popa & Lita and went to catch a movie. We watched Social Network...quite the interesting flick. It's amazing how Facebook came about & how it has such an influence over so many people's days/lives!
After the movie, we headed back to mom & dads and enjoyed a lovely dinner!
Oh, did I mention, it was beautiful weather today too?
Love days like this...thankful for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment