Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Very First Mothers Day

I am so blessed! I am surrounded by family and friends who truly live out scripture in rejoicing with those who rejoice. I have been humbled by the response of our friends and family to our exciting news that we are expecting. The crazy thing is, at this point, we haven't even told our Church Family. We have simply told family and a few close friends. I cannot even imagine once the news goes "public."

*****

I know everyone thinks their husband is amazing, but Rick has outdone himself. From the moment I told him he was going to be a daddy, he has kicked into selfless servant mode. Don't get me wrong, my husband always helps around the house, but I am only about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and Rick will not allow me to do anything. I have to convince him to let me do the dishes and laundry. I greatly appreciate how much he loves me and how much he already loves our child. Rick is going to be such a great daddy! (Not to mention, he brought me Decaf Coffee in bed this morning with the sweetest Mother's Day card)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure have been emotional these last few days! As I read you blog the tears start again. I am so proud of the sweet wonderful people that you are. You both will be the most amazing parents. Thank you for the first of my most especially great Mother's Days. (I thought Mother's Day was special with my wonderful children...Sweet Janie kept telling me "just you wait".) I am savoring the moment and thanking Jesus for each day as our sweet "peanut" grows. God bless you Mcelmmury's today and keep you and may His face shine on you and be Gracious to you and give you His peace.
Love you,
Momma B or Abuelita

McElmurry Family said...

We are so happy for you! My mom was thrilled. She is exicted to get to make your new baby something. She said she wants to help with the baby shower too! We all love yall so much!!

Lisa and the gang!

McElmurry Family said...

I'm so thankful for ya'll, and I know my brother will be an awesome dad. Way to step up there bro and get started with that helping hand. Sharyn's gonna need all the support she can get as she gets adjusted to being a new mommy. It's an awesome experience when you see your loving wife become a wonderful loving mother, and when you see them holding your baby for the first time there is nothing in the world that can compare. What an awesome experience lies ahead for ya'll.

Sharyn, if he starts slackin' on stuff let us know, we're only 6 minutes away and we'll come help ya crack that whip. :)

Love ya'll,

Todd

Princess Ellie said...

Dont convice him NOT to do the dishes ... I know how you hate to do the dishes ... just enjoy it mama !

Laci