Fall is in the air! Today was the first day in lovely East Texas that it was cool 'most' of the day. This morning and evening it felt like a nice Southern California day! I miss that at times...the California weather, that is. Anyhow, what a start to a beautiful day...nice weather!
Today I had to drink the lovely glucose stuff to see if I was at risk for gestational diabetes...and, I was good! I had quite a low score...which I was amazed by because last night we were searching for the paper that tells me when I need to start fasting...and at about 8:45, I decided I needed a bowl of cereal...well right when I finished my lovely bowl of Honey Nut Shredded Wheat, Rick found the paper that says begin to fast at 8!!!! Ooopsie!!! Oh well, no love lost....I passed!!
Also, this marks a new step in our pregnancy...we start going to the Dr. every 2 weeks now!!! WOW!!! Our sweet little Connor will be here in about 3 months!!! I am experiencing such a multitude of emotions! I am so excited, anxious, unprepared, nervous, excited, ecstatic, oh, did I mention excited! What an amazing journey these last 5 years of my life have been married to my best friend. We have truly had a unique experience and God has allowed us to enjoy quite a vast array of things in these 5 years. Each moment teaching us something new...in the good times and in the trying times. I am so proud of my sweet husband for the amazing outlook he has on life...given all that he has been through, and I truly look forward to this new adventure in our life called Parenthood! Rick will be such an awesome dad! He is already an amazing leader for our family and I truly do await the day when Connor makes him the proudest daddy ever!
Well...there's the McElmurry update for now...I will soon post pictures of Connor's room....it's not quite ready...but there is a crib that Rick put together and Connor's Lita is busy making the bedding.
Thank you for sharing life with us! Make tomorrow a BEAUTIFUL DAY, regardless of circumstance!
3 comments:
Sharyn,
I'm not sure that you remember me, but I am Sarah Blanton's younger sister. I recently got married and we are expecting a little girl at the end of December. We have moved to Longview where were both attending LeTourneau. Dara Beard has continued to keep me and my mom updated on how things are going with you. You and your family have been in our thoughts and prayers and I am so excited to see how God has blessed yall. So, since I had been keeping up with your blog, I thought that I should atleast drop in and say hello. Congratulations and God Bless!
Rebekah Bergren
-we have a blog too, it's af-teamrb
Thank you for sharing your beautiful day! I can't wait for you to post a two week picture of Connor and his mom!. I am so glad that Rick's surgery helped with his pain! The nausea should be gone by next week, I understand. I hope to mail the bedding by Monday! Then, more pictures!
I love you all and pray for you,
Lita
Yes, every day is a beautiful Day! But this cooler weather sure is nice!! Well, little Connor will be hear before we know it! Anxious to see his nursery! Glad Daddy is doing well!! love banty
Post a Comment