Friday, January 1, 2010

This time of year...

...I seem to reflect upon people in my life whom I love & who have truly had a huge impact on my life. For the past few years Beach Santa has made his appearance and settled into our Christmas Decor. He happens to live in our Guest Bathroom as he matches the theme. C has come to love Beach Santa. He talks to him each nite before & after bath and he kisses him goodnite. This is special to me because I gave Beach Santa to Grammy about 10 years or so. Grammy, is Laci's grandmother who so kindly & naturally adopted me as her granddaughter when my Grandma D passed away. Grammy was such an amazingly kindhearted woman who truly knew how to make you feel loved and at home. She was so willing to give of herself & to others regardless of what that looked like. She truly took the time to invest in my life at a time when I needed it. She even made the trip all the way to California to come to my wedding. She was a lady I love dearly and will always be grateful for.
This time of year I always reflect upon the amazing woman that she was as I unwrap Beach Santa and put him in his place. Grammy LOVED santas and had quite a collection. We always had a good time trying to find a unique one to add.
Thank you Greene family for sharing Grammy with me. I know she touched so many peoples lives, including mine!

1 comment:

King's Krew said...

O my goodness .... now that Mom and I are in tears ! That truely made my night to see my Grammy's face ... what a wonderful surprise !! I too have Grammy's santa's in my house and have gone around telling Ellie about her and her collection of Santa's !! Love it !!
laci