Monday, August 16, 2010

Humbled & Thankful

Yesterday on the way to church I gave Connor the option to go see his friends in Sunday School or to come to big church with me. He finally decided to come to church with mommy. He was so very excellent during church. He kept super quiet and behaved very well. Every Sunday at church we are given the opportunity to partake in Communion. At this point during the service I was actually holding Connor. As the sacraments were handed to me I took them and began praying & thanking God for the immense sacrifice that He gave. I thanked Him for giving His ONE & ONLY Son...and then I just stopped...I'm holding my one & only son & there is NO WAY that I would give him up for others sins....I mean, REALLY!?! I realize that he is not MY son. I know that God has allowed me & Rick the opportunity to raise Connor to grow up to be an amazing man of God and we pray that we can do what He has asked of us...but if He asked us to give him up...to sacrifice Connor for the sins of others...to lay his life down....I'm not so sure that I could do that.

So, I left church yesterday and I remain humbled and thankful for the sacrifices given for us. WOW!

I'm so thankful that Connor chose to come to big church with me. I'm always learning new lessons through my son. I think this reminder was the biggest one thus far.

No comments: