Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Look Me in The Eyes...

Today Connor and I had to run a few errands. Rick and I were able to take a long weekend trip to California for our 8th Wedding Anniversary (be looking for a post on that soon), but we had NO groceries in the house, so Connor endured the grocery store with me. The grocery store we went to is right next to Target & Target actually has quite a few items that we use daily for less expensive (ie. Milk), so we ran there too. While in Target Connor kept trying to convince me to go to the back of the store (where the toys are). He wanted to 'check on Thomas and his friends.' 'Checking' on Thomas is one thing, but he really wanted to take a friend home...that's just how it goes..
I had explained to Connor & kept reminding him that we were just there for milk and we were not going to see Thomas. While I was walking down the milk isle, Connor said, "Mom...mom, look me in the eyes. I want to go to the back of the store."
While trying to keep my composure and not laugh hysterically, I explained to Connor that he does not talk to me that way and that again, we are NOT going to see Thomas.

When Rick got home from work, I told him what had happened and we both had a good laugh together. Rick said that he has told Connor to 'look him in the eyes' when he is not paying attention and when he needs to get a point across.
We try to be SO careful about what we say knowing that Connor is a sponge...he soaks it all up, and spits it right back out. However, we do not always think that he will repeat what we tell him while correcting him or trying to get his attention.
Oh, the joy & wonder of having a 2 year old! I LOVE IT! I am so thankful for my daily dose of laughter from this little guy & what he says!

Look Me in The Eyes...

No comments: