Thursday, February 21, 2008

One Month...And Growing!




Happy Belated One Month Sweet Boy!
Thank you all for taking this journey with us so far. Here are some updates on our little man.
For those of you who don't know...we have been struggling over the past month to get Connor back up to his birth weight and beyond. Last Friday, on his One Month Birthday, we decided to begin supplementing with formula...and needless to say, our little man is so much more content! We went to the Dr. yesterday for our third consecutive weigh in. In his previous weigh ins, he gained 3 oz in 7 days and 4 oz in 8 days...the Dr. was hoping for 1 oz per day. This time it had been 10 days since our last weigh in and Connor is now up to a fighting weight of 8 lbs 14 oz. That may not sound like much, but he gained 1 lb and 1 oz in 10 days!!! Needless to say, we don't have to go in for anymore weigh ins! We are so blessed by this news and I am quite a bit less stressed! Not only is Connor more content these days, he only eats every 3-4 hours (vs every 1 1/2-2 hrs) and he is willing to play a lot more. How much fun!

What Connor Has Done This Past Month:
*Smiled (this will melt a mommy's heart)
*Enjoys play time on his mat, sitting up with the boppy & playing on the floor with the fun toys his aunt Erin gave him
*Started making so many sounds: Coos, Goos, etc. (I always repeat what he says and he will sit there and talk to me for a good while)
*Found his fingers
*Started mirroring faces that others make
*Rolls from side to side

Connor Allen,
You are such a joy! You have stolen your daddy's and my heart over and over again already. I cherish the moments every morning when you first wake up and just want to snuggle in my arms. You let me steal so many kisses and then look up at me with that sweet smile! You have come into our life and taught us a new kind of love. I have found a new love by loving you and a new love in loving your daddy because of the amazing daddy he is. You are truly a blessing from our Father, and I am thankful that He has lent you to us to be your parents. We are so grateful!
I love you always and forever,
Mom

4 comments:

Princess Ellie said...

I can't believe he is already a month old !! When it comes to babies... time goes by sooo fast !

laci

Unknown said...

Your Lita is sitting here with tears in her eyes as I read your mommy's words. I am so proud of you Connor, and especially your mommy and daddy. You are a wonderful family knit together by our heavenly Father!
God bless you all!
Lita

TeamRB said...

I am glad to hear that he is gaining some weight and that he isn't eating as often, I know that can be stressful. Happy One month Connor. We are thinking of you and praying for you. Maybe we can meet you soon!
Rebekah

Brandy said...

He is just so adorable! I am sure you are enjoying every day with him. I am glad the formula thing is working for you! Sleep is good! :)

Brandy