Friday, September 12, 2008

Eventful Weekend

Well...we did it...we left Connor over night for the first time. My parents were so gracious to take care of our son while we went to Austin to celebrate Rick's birthday. (They even put up with our "first time parentness" that can be annoying, I'm sure). Here are a few pics from the weekend.


Lita & Popa Bear wore Connor out swinging...(he's still in his PJ's too)
********************************************************************
Playing Peek-a-boo with Mena
Look at that hair...

Having a blast in the pool with Popa Bear

********************************************************
When Rick blew out his birthday candles...this is the reaction Connor had...how sad. We are learning to expect reactions to sudden changes with this little guy. It can be devestating to be so interested in something and it be taken away with one single breath....(interesting life lesson).
Thanks again Mom & Dad for taking care of Connor man! We appreciate you guys! Your grandson loves you so much, and so do we!!!

2 comments:

Princess Ellie said...

Ahhh... the first time is always so hard ... I cried for like two hours the 1st time I left Ellie ... and I don't remember it being easier the second time ... Do you think it's because these are our first kids ? Do you think we will be this way if or when we have 2 or 3 ??? ... Probably not :) haha
laci

Unknown said...

I can't wait to have another weekend with our Connor Man. He was so very wonderful and happy. He was so good to sleep through the night for us! I'm glad Rick and Sharyn got to have some fun in Austin.
Love you three and hope you stay dry the next day or so.
God bless you,
Lita