If you know me, you know I love to cook. I rarely find extra time to bake, but I love to do it. Recently, I was reading The Bergren Family Blog, http://af-teamrb.blogspot.com/, when I came across a simple fall recipe for Pumpkin Spice muffins. The best part was that there are only 2 ingredients. I was slightly skeptical, (I mean how good could it be with only 2 ingredients?)but I am always up for a new recipe. So, I headed to Kroger and got my Spice Cake Mix and my Can of Pumpkin. Let's just say...OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have found a new love! =)
Thank you Rebekah for sharing your amazing recipe. I have already passed the recipe on to 2 friends and let one friend borrow my mini muffin pans so she can make them this weekend!
So, for those of you that want to try the amazing fall treat, here is the recipe:
1-Box of Spice Cake Mix
1-15oz Can of Pumpkin.
1-15oz Can of Pumpkin.
Directions: Pour cake mix in bowl and mix to get lumps out. Pour in Pumpkin. Beat with mixer for approx 2 minutes until it is well blended (the batter will be VERY thick). Either use muffin cups or spray your muffin pan & fill up 3/4 of the way full. Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes for mini-muffins or about 18 minutes for regular size muffins.
I am not one to follow directions too closely; I always enjoy adding my own variations, so...I made mini muffins with craisins in them.
Other 'Add-Ins' I will soon try are:
Other 'Add-Ins' I will soon try are:
raisins
walnuts
apples
mini chocolate chips
I also think I am going to make a cream cheese mix (cream cheese with a little powdered sugar & vanilla) and try pouring a little muffin mix, putting a spoon of cream cheese mix, then topping it off with more muffin mix. I think those will be a nice dessert for fall gatherings.
Anyhow, as difficult as it is to find time to make fun treats with a toddler, anyone can carve out approx 3 minutes to mix and 15 minutes to bake this! Hope you all enjoy as much as I did!!!
7 comments:
YAH! I am SO excited that 1. Someone other than my mom reads my blog (not that I don't appreciate her because I do) and 2. That you liked my recipe!! I love them too. I made 4 batches this morning for some people here on campus and they are SO easy! I can't wait to try some of your add in's. I never would have thought of that!
Ok, now I know that I have also said this a lot but this time I REALLY mean it... I would love for us to get together and let the kids play! I still have your e-mail so I will get in touch soon and see if there is any way we can get together. Maybe we can eat some pumpkin spice muffins :)
Ooooh, yum! We'll definately be trying these with the cream cheese added (you know me - there is no such thing as too sweet!).
Okay - quick question. Do you make the spice cake mix according to the regular directions and then add the pumpkin or is it simply the pumpkin and the powder part of the cake mix? Sounds delicious! Erica
Erica,
It is just the 2 ingredients...just mix the cake mix (dry) with the canned pumpkin...that's all, unless, of course, you want to add things to it. But they are wonderful with just the 2 ingredients.
Hope you like them!
already made them ! Yummy !
laci
wow, these sound great....can't wait to try them....wish I had read this before I went to the store tonight.
wow these sound great...wish I had read before I went to the store today
Post a Comment